Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back to Life, Pt.3

So now April is almost over and we have finally reached acceptable temperatures over the last week or two--hitting the 70s several days in a row. Rachel only has a week of school left (one final exam tomorrow and one major paper) before she graduates on May 10th. After that, she is going to take it easy for the month of May.



I am "coming back to life" too (as the name of this posting implies), after just finishing the first final draft of my entire 125pg thesis,"Reconstituting Ethos: The Search for Honor in U.S. Higher Education," on university honor codes. Over the next three weeks I will go through a series of revisions and then defend on May 17th. After that, I still have a month of teaching public speaking and three seminars with 30pg. papers each, but at least I can see the end.

We're planning to head down South mid- to late-June, so book your calendars. We're making appearances in Greenville, Myrtle Beach and Conway, Charlotte, Charleston, Ponte Vedra Beach, and Columbia/St. Matthews, with a short stop in Alta, Utah and then back to Evanston. Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't see the ATL on the list :)

Unknown said...

Hey! I am coming to Illinois this summer. Are you guys actually going to be there at all?!?

Anonymous said...

Stephie and I are putting in our request NOW! Greenville just isn't the same without our Ray Ray and Buttercup. No movie nites. No Pocky (puppy or cookie)... Be sure to let us know when and where and we will be there!

Mishelle and Stephanie