I'm back in Evanston for the week at a conference on Deliberative Democracy. I'll do a summer roundup post in August with pictures from the lake, the Westies in Charleston, the flooded condo at Myrtle Beach, Pocky's birthday, and Brookgreen Gardens (Rachel has the camera in SC).
So for now, I'll just do a fill-in post on the latest, greatest news in the Inabinet-Newton households. I think the biggest news is that I am going to Paris at the end of August. The trip is sponsored by the Art History department at Northwestern - which begs the question "WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING?". After all, the only French speaker in this family is going to be stuck in Evanston taking classes at Loyola. Well, the connection is that the trip is focusing on the Grand Projects of the late-19th century Paris, and I am working on a piece from the era (J'Accuse by Emile Zola, for those of you would know). More importantly though, it's a chance for Northwestern to pay for a flight and hotel in Paris for two weeks.
Mom and Dad Inabinet are excited because they probably have a new spot at Myrtle out of the ghetto that is Willow Run. Of course, the ghetto never really bothered Rachel or me, but the decision was based more on the deteriorating condition of the outer walls of the buildings. In Conway, the red-tailed squirrels (affectionately named Tippy, Red, Pantalones Rojos [Red Pants], and Transplant) are still keeping Rachel and her grandparents busy, along with Pocky's usual nonsense of running around the house and nipping at Granddaddy's pants leg.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and finding some time to relax. We are really enjoying ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment