As for Paris (see last blog entry), I am an alternate. Considering the chances that other students will skip the trip of the lifetime, I consider my odds pretty low. However, the professor in charge asked for the latest notice she could give me to come on the trip. I told her I can pack my bags in less than 10 minutes. So we'll see if anything comes of that.
To make up for our lack of international travel this summer (either to Asia or Europe), we have decided to visit the friendly neighbors to the north. That's right folks, we're going to Canada (eh?)! Because we could swing a mid-week trip, we've booked a jacuzzi suite near Niagara Falls for $80. We'll also check out Toronto and a few cities on the way down (e.g. Buffalo and Pittsburgh).
After that we're heading to South Carolina for some R&R (with the occasional school "R-reading" too). Between the beach, the mountains, the lake, Greenville, St. Matthews, and Conway, we already have a busy schedule lined up there. I am planning a trip to Brookgreen gardens, and Rachel has started a list of restaurants around the state that we crave up here: Smokin' Stokes, Moe's, Macaroni Grill, Purple Onion, Monterrey's, Marble Slab, River City Cafe, Schlotzkys, and yes, even a Hardees' burger.
Frosty was back in town over the weekend. Here is one of the pictures I snapped of the city.

Rachel, here. This is a better picture taken while Frosty was here:

Hahahahahaha! Frosty and I toured all the key Chicago sites: Deep-Dish Pizza, Italian Beef Sandwiches, oh, and museums and a zoo. I think he enjoyed himself, but he arrived for the hottest 3 days we've had yet. We went to the movies so we could be in air conditioning for a couple of hours!
Anyhoo, I'm enjoying my freedom while Brandon slaves away on papers. But don't feel sorry for him, I have to read and edit every single page. Remember...these are rhetoric papers! Well, I'm off to take a leisurely walk with Pocky...then sip lemonade and read a good book. Ah, it's good to be me!
1 comment:
Okay you two....whichever restaurant you want to go to first when you get to Greenville, just let us know! We can't wait to see ya'! Let us know when you will be in town and we will definitely get together!
Love Ya!
Mishelle and Stephie
Post a Comment