Brandon has recently returned from yet another exciting rhetoric field trip. He was able to spend five days in San Antonio and received the James L. Golden award for Outstanding Student Essay at the National Communication Association conference. They even paid for him to stay in a luxurious suite the entire time! Meanwhile, I stayed home and baby-sat the dog and wrote papers. One night while trying to reach Brandon via his cell phone, I got no response. After about an hour he called back, informing me that "the
jacuzzi jets were too loud" for him to hear his cell phone. Sigh...At least now, he'll be able to remember the Alamo.

After his return, we geared up for our Thanksgiving food fest. As usual, I cooked mountains of food for just the three of us, so we'll be eating leftovers for two weeks! Pocky fully enjoyed her portions of turkey and gravy, and has been napping ever since.

Well, until mid-December, Brandon and I will be waist deep in books and papers, trying to churn out over 100 pages of insightful research each. So until then, my friends, have a joyous Christmas season and send well wishes to us until we can come up for air!
1 comment:
San Antonio reminds me of those Salsa commercials:
This stuffs made in NEW YORK CITY!!
NEW YORK CITY!?!?!
Post a Comment