As for Rachel's break, she went to DC last weekend and had a great time. She saw almost all the Smithsonian museums and monuments on the mall by her second day, and met up with old college friends at night. She was pleasantly suprised by the food at a Thai/Mexican fusion restaurant called Zengoes. Unfortunately her 3pm flight home was cancelled and then delayed until after midnight because of snow. Yeah, she was in a great mood that night.
Yesterday I finished a 30 page project, but have another one to prepare this weekend. On top of that I have a conference-style presentation and a smaller paper to present also. By Tuesday though, all of this should be done, and I begin vegging out and finally exploring the city I live in (since Christmas was spent in SC and we take visitors to about the same handful of sights). On my itenerary are: a full day at the art museum, the Newberry Library, a potential trip out to see 'the land of lincoln' in Galena, and my own architectural walking tour. LC will be in town for a conference Wednesday the 22nd through Saturday, so I will escort her on the grand ole tour. Then Mom and Dad Inabinet make their return trip up as I start my spring term of classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment