Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day and More Snow





Pocky's feeling much better now, completely well and frisky. Rachel had her first experience driving in real snow today... quite an experience for someone who has only seen snow a few times in her lifetime. Meanwhile, I am stuffing my face with all the leftovers from Rachel's Thanksgiving Dinner. We were pretty traditional this year with a turkey breast (marinated in lemon, sage, thyme), stuffing, macaroni and cheese, string bean casserole, gravy, cranberry sauce, rice, pumpkin pie, and peanut butter cookies. Needless to say, I stay on the couch in pain with an empty plate in front of me. And as you can see in picture, Pocky enjoyed Thanksgiving the most. Our Christmas decorations are up, but we have suprisingly less than we thought... our tree (which looks remarkable for $29 at Home Depot), stockings, and a few snowmen.

We're really learning what cold weather is like now.. a high of 20 degrees these last few days. I seem to be ok with all the layers I wear, but my face starts hurting after a few minutes walking the dog. Pocky usually does ok too, as long as she keeps running in circles. The second I pick her up to carry her upstairs though, she whines and shivers painfully. Not to worry, the electric heater is waiting upstairs to warm her, and between the hot chocolate and coffee, Rachel and I are doing great.

1 comment:

Warren "not G" said...

Okay, at some point, Rachel needs to fix me a big meal like that, yum!