Well, we've had our year of fun in Myrtle Beach. Now it's time to become grown-ups and get real jobs and own a home. Brandon: check, check, check. Rachel: er, um, check? I'll add some pictures below this post to summarize our time here in Myrtle. Brandon worked diligently on his dissertation, including several research trips (one that lasted all of March that I accompanied him on). There is a nice indentation in the recliner that proves how hard he worked on the dissertation. Oh, and on top of that, he landed a sweet job as a prof. Meanwhile, I learned how to successfully can jellies, make meringues, mow and edge the lawn, deal with fondant, sculpt cakes, run a TV/appliance/matttress/flag/cellphone store, and become a more successful e-bayer. It's been a productive year. If only I could list all of those skills on a resume...
Pocky is another year older, and we all think a year wiser. She is a much better swimmer than ever before, but has also decided to take a more laid-back approach to life. She was a good sport about us leaving her with the in-laws while we went on the big research trip, but was a bit stand-offish to begin with upon our return. She has enjoyed spending a lot of time at Grandmama and Granddaddy's house this year (as have we), so our move will be an adjustment. We're almost getting used to all of this moving - just in time to settle down for a few years.
I'm sure none of you even check this blog anymore, but I like to think you check it at least once a week to see if I've added any captivating stories. And now, for your viewing pleasure:
Myrtle Beach '08-'09










1 comment:
I think you guys need to blog about the home repairs now that you've moved!
Post a Comment