Well, our Thanksgiving post may not be as exciting as planned. The South Dakota trip has been cancelled - the time and expense involved on such a big trip would have equaled that of a trip back to SC. So instead, we're planning a little day trip to Duluth, MN. Duluth is situated on the bank of Lake Superior, so we'll add yet another Great Lake to our travel log. Plus, there's a viking ship there and other interesting sites - I'm hoping we can find at least one statue of Paul Bunyan on our way there. So maybe instead of corn cobs, we can bring back a viking helmet or two!
Since we'll be on the road on Turkey Day, tonight we're pulling together a makeshift Thanksgiving meal with what we can. On the menu: Rotisserie Chicken (from our local grocery), stuffing (a big thank-you to Stovetop), cranberry sauce (the jellied kind - that's what Brandon likes), yams (canned, but somehow cooked with marshmallows and some other stuff that Brandon puts in it), and pumpkin pie gems (look for it in stores - Eagle Brand box mix). So, while this goes against all of my other Thanksgiving feasts of 'yore, I'll allow a "packaged" Thanksgiving this year. Hey, think about how much less of a mess there will be!
Since we'll be on the road on Turkey Day, tonight we're pulling together a makeshift Thanksgiving meal with what we can. On the menu: Rotisserie Chicken (from our local grocery), stuffing (a big thank-you to Stovetop), cranberry sauce (the jellied kind - that's what Brandon likes), yams (canned, but somehow cooked with marshmallows and some other stuff that Brandon puts in it), and pumpkin pie gems (look for it in stores - Eagle Brand box mix). So, while this goes against all of my other Thanksgiving feasts of 'yore, I'll allow a "packaged" Thanksgiving this year. Hey, think about how much less of a mess there will be!
Update 11/20/07: Here's a picture of our makeshift meal!
As I think about this Thanksgiving, I know we have so much to be grateful for:
We have each other - we've kept each other sane through all of the moves and life-changing decisions we've been making.
We have amazing families who support us (emotionally and financially), and who know how much we'd love to be with them, if only we could.
Our friends have kept us laughing and looking forward to reunions - even though they may be few and far between, they're always fun.
Even though we may complain, we're very grateful that we've been able to travel and see so much in these last few years. I didn't know what to expect from Minnesota, but I know God works in mysterious ways. I've learned a lot about myself, and I'm so glad I've had the time to do that.
So, please have a Happy Thanksgiving and hold your families and friends close! Lots of love from Apple Valley!
P.S. You can barely see them, but at the top of this picture are some of the Christmas trees that this neighborhood has set up. This is the view out of our living room - beautiful trees lit up across the pond!
P.P.S. Here's my first attempt at uploading a video - it's of the two dogs playing together in the living room. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment