The semester is 2/3 over, but not much has happened while Brandon has been attending the University of Minnesota. We live in a great little town, but it's quite far from campus, so Brandon has had to deal with a public transportation system that is severely lacking in comparison to the Chicago buses and trains. We've only had snow flurries once so far - so despite being six hours north of Chicago, the weather hasn't changed much. As I type, I'm overlooking the beautiful pond in our "backyard" and this neighborhood's "Association" has just decorated six Christmas trees at the front of the neighborhood. Luckily, from our house, we can see the lit-up trees just beyond the pond! So this really has been the perfect studying environment.
I (Rachel) did not get a job this semester - temp agencies weren't interested, and seasonal jobs require you to work through Christmas. Oh well! Instead, I've been painting and drawing (not very well), trying to study Thai (again, not very well without someone to correct me), and enjoying the two dogs. That's right - two! We're living in a house where the landlady has the top floor, and we're in the bottom. She has a black standard poodle that I've been taking care of during the day and on weekends when she's out of town. So, I guess I'm employed as a dogsitter of sorts. We'll just tell ourselves that the next time rent is due! Ha!
While we've enjoyed the amenities here (gas fireplace - flick a switch and it's on, laundry facilities inside the house, covered garage, central heating, the Mall of America, a backyard where we can let to dog go out without having to go out ourselves), we're still ready to go home. The food is better in Chicago (a major factor for me), and we miss our friends and our stuff - and if I don't get to a real gas stove soon, I'm going to die.
We hope you're well, and that you haven't passed out from shock that we've finally updated the blog. You see, in good old Minnesota, there's just not that much going on. I could've blogged about how quickly the grass grows, or how fast paint dries...but I think we might lose the few readers we do have. Hopefully, our next post will be an exciting description of our Thanksgiving trip to Mount Rushmore and the Corn Palace. Stay tuned and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. Happy Birthday, Jonathan and Robby!!
I (Rachel) did not get a job this semester - temp agencies weren't interested, and seasonal jobs require you to work through Christmas. Oh well! Instead, I've been painting and drawing (not very well), trying to study Thai (again, not very well without someone to correct me), and enjoying the two dogs. That's right - two! We're living in a house where the landlady has the top floor, and we're in the bottom. She has a black standard poodle that I've been taking care of during the day and on weekends when she's out of town. So, I guess I'm employed as a dogsitter of sorts. We'll just tell ourselves that the next time rent is due! Ha!
While we've enjoyed the amenities here (gas fireplace - flick a switch and it's on, laundry facilities inside the house, covered garage, central heating, the Mall of America, a backyard where we can let to dog go out without having to go out ourselves), we're still ready to go home. The food is better in Chicago (a major factor for me), and we miss our friends and our stuff - and if I don't get to a real gas stove soon, I'm going to die.
We hope you're well, and that you haven't passed out from shock that we've finally updated the blog. You see, in good old Minnesota, there's just not that much going on. I could've blogged about how quickly the grass grows, or how fast paint dries...but I think we might lose the few readers we do have. Hopefully, our next post will be an exciting description of our Thanksgiving trip to Mount Rushmore and the Corn Palace. Stay tuned and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. Happy Birthday, Jonathan and Robby!!
2 comments:
Thanks!
I want pictures from the corn palace. and maybe a cob.
Post a Comment