As I was doing some late night reading through papers from Northwestern, I began thinking how to best keep in touch with everyone. My mom wants me to buy a webcam and do a live video chat with her, but that sounds a bit complicated for my taste. Plus she doesn't even have email currently, so we would have a long way to go before any video conferencing takes place.
For most of the rest of you, an occasional phone call will suffice. So I thought perhaps an online blog, with an occasional picture thrown in, might be the best solution for everyone.
Why not use 'group emailings' you ask? Why expose our everyday lives to millions of people on the Internet? I found out in Europe that not everybody appreciates an email - one reply from a friend at Furman was, "PLEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST. YOU ARE FILLING UP MY INBOX." Others at Furman were insulted that they were not included on my list. So I am finished with mass emailing once and for all!
Over the next few weeks I will probably keep posting occasionally on new topics and quotes/trips/writings from the past just to get into the habit. But come August 26th (a.k.a. official moving day) we should be in full Evanston blogging mode!
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment